Image Map

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summertime and the livin' is easy...

These beginning weeks of spring (or is it the beginning of Summer, Oklahomans?) have me thinking back on end-of-the-school-year bliss and happy summer days with Caleb.  The end of the school year meant finals week, and the days of summer with Caleb -- back when we were dating -- meant seeing less of each other but doing fun things when we did see each other.


I just couldn't get enough of studying during finals week -- loved it.  So much.  So, so much.  So did sister Jenny.

Jenny usually looked quite different when studying (picture butterflies and birds chirping)... except when she was deliriously exhausted.  As you see above.

Since I'm super lucky, my birthday always landed on finals week.  This was my first birthday with a boyfriend.  And that boyfriend happened to be my future husband.  

As you can see, we were about 10 years old when we first started dating.  Actually, this was my 20th birthday...


He was even cute back then.  Even when he was blurry.

And then there was that one summer when my sisters lived in a teepee for awhile.


And then there was that one time that I wanted to be a rebel, so I left my hair long and dyed it...  darker brown.  Risky business!!

Lookin' like a weird cakes.

The summer that Caleb turned 21 and had some wine and a tasty meal...


And, of course, the blissful summer of our wedding...

The best reception -- with our sweet niece, Lydia.

Sweet, sweet Charleston.



After all the wedding crazies, we just hung out in quiet little Stillwater.  There can't be a better summer than 2010.


And I can't help but look at my 2010 self and think, "You didn't even know what baby weight was... what kind of world was that?"  

And the summer after that I was pregnant... which was a wonderful, but very uncomfortable fact, with record highs in Oklahoma.  I'll spare you a picture.

Here's to another wonderful summer! And this time, we will spend it with our teeny sweetheart.

2 comments:

  1. Just too much cuteness and fun-ness. Let's make this summer the best summer ever. HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "picture butterflies and birds chirping" - hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete